“My sinus infections are gone! I never needed surgery although I had a consultation with a ENT and they advised I get the painful septum surgery due to my severely deviated septum which caused headaches and terrible sinus infections. After my first visit I could breath again… and I haven’t had a sinus infection in 7 years! This sinus and headache therapy has allowed me to sleep much better which translates in my overall health being better and feeling well consistently. I highly recommend Susan if you are experiencing pain like I was! Thank you Susan!
Chronic Pain relief with chiropractic treatment
Chiropractic treatments can reduce pain in the bones, muscles, joints, and connective tissue (e.g., tendons, ligaments, cartilage). It is an alternative pain treatment method that does not involve prescribing medications or surgical procedures. Correcting the musculoskeletal structure alignment can help the body begin to heal itself.
Some people are unable to feel pain. Well, “some” may be an overstatement, as only two people in the world are known to have this condition. Chronic pain, which persists for three to six months or longer, is unfortunately far more common. Up to 55% of American adults may experience chronic pain at some point in their life. It is one of the most common conditions adults seek medical care for, and it is linked to other medical issues. Issues such as restricted mobility, opioid dependence, and overall lower satisfaction with life.
All of this is to say that chronic pain makes people unhappy, which is hardly a profound statement that needs proof from hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific studies. Given its prevalence and impact, several treatments for chronic pain have been developed. These include prescription and nonprescription drugs, trigger point injections, and invasive surgery.
These popular treatments for chronic pain come with drawbacks. One of which is the risk of developing “chemical dependency” and discomfort after surgery. Chiropractic care neither prescribes medications nor surgery and preempts these complications entirely. Additionally, chiropractic may work with other medical treatments to alleviate a patient’s chronic pain and accelerate their recovery.
Treatments typically offered by Dr. Chris Rush includes the following:
- Spinal manipulation, or adjustments, can decrease pain and nerve irritability, increase range-of-motion, and restore function by gently realigning the spine with hands-on pressure to the affected vertebrae.
- Soft-tissue therapy can relax muscles, relieve tension, and ease muscle spasms in the soft-tissue surrounding the muscles.
- Stretches and certain intentional movements can restore mobility and joint stability.
- Postural and exercise education can help reduce back stress and strengthen the back muscles.
- Ergonomic training can lower the chances of back strain by teaching how to walk, sit, and stand correctly.
- Temperature therapy involves the use of heat or cold to reduce pain.
- Traction Therapy will be used to gently pull apart the vertebrae where the disc is damaged. It is painless. Separating them a
little bit enables some healing to take place and pain relief is often felt immediately. This will help the disc to get more nourishment and to begin the healing process.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation is used to treat pain, electrical stimulation is delivered to targeted nerves. Chiropractors use electrodes to aim the electrical pulses at particular areas of the nervous system to block the transmission of pain signals being sent toward the spine and brain. The stimulation also works to boost the body’s production of endorphins which are natural pain relievers.
Call BeachView Chiropractic for Treatment
One of chiropractic care’s greatest strengths is its multitude of effective treatments for a wide range of conditions. When judiciously administered in conjunction with one another, these treatments can create a multifaceted and personalized therapy for chronic pain in a number of different areas around the body. Whether you are already receiving medical treatment for chronic pain or have not yet sought relief for it, chiropractic can help you in both the short and long term.
If you suffer from chronic pain, then Dr. Chris Rush and the rest of his team are standing by to explain how chiropractic care can help to relieve your symptoms. We will also work to prevent them in the future. We welcome you to contact BeachView Chiropractic today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Chris Rush!