Suffering from Spinal Pain?
Pain in your back can keep you from working and living your normal life. There are so many possible reasons for your back pain that it’s wise to see your local Chiropractor soon instead of trying to figure it out yourself.
What are the types of back pain?
How common is back pain?
Back pain is very common. An estimated 10-15 percent of adults have some work disability due to back pain in any given year, which is the most common reason cited for an inability to perform daily tasks.
Who is at risk for back pain?
The older you are, the more likely you are to experience back pain. You’re also at a higher risk if you:
- Don’t exercise.
- Already have some types of cancer or arthritis.
- Are overweight.
- Lift using your back instead of your legs.
- Have anxiety or depression.
- Smoke or use other tobacco products.
Local Back Pain
Back pain in your spine may be caused by:
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Degenerative spondylolisthesis
- Intervertebral disk degeneration
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Spinal disk degeneration
- Spinal stenosis
SOLUTIONS FOR MANAGING SUBLUXATIONS
What Do Chiropractors Do To Treat Back Pain?
- Mobilization, which involves moving joints and muscles to increase range of motion
- Spinal manipulation, which involves movement to the vertebra to help reduce issues related to pinched nerves, bulging discs or other dysfunction
- Electrical Stimulation, which is a treatment that uses low voltage electric current to relieve pain.
- Patient education to help you manage diet, exercise and home treatment like heat and cold therapy