Children of all ages can benefit from safe and natural chiropractic care. From removing interference in a newborn’s nervous system after birth to helping a school-aged child with bedwetting, chiropractic is incredibly beneficial. It also typically yields a quick response, without medication.
How Chiropractic Can Help Kids
- Balance problems
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Ear infections
Boost Their Immune System To Help Them Fight Disease
Children are more susceptible to disease because their immune system remains immature until they are around 8 years of age. However, even beyond reaching maturity, they will still rely on a combination of factors to help keep their immune system strong and effective at fighting illness. A healthy, balanced diet is essential for a fully functional immune system, but you might also be surprised to learn that chiropractic treatment has been shown to be beneficial too. This is because areas of pressure or compression within the spine can compromise the effectiveness of their immune system. Eliminating areas of pressure can improve blood flow and enable all body systems to work more efficiently.
Health benefits of chiropractic care for arm and wrist pain
- Reduced inflammation
- Reduced pain
- Improved flexibility
- Improved range of motion
- Increased muscle strength and tone
Dr. Chris Rush will perform various checks depending on your child’s age.
Here are some things we’ll look for:
- Symmetry: We want to ensure the right side behaves like the left side. To do so, we gently palpate the spine. We use about the same amount of pressure to check if a tomato is ripe.
- Joint movement: Through palpation, we’ll check the spine to determine if any of those joints are locked. So we check your child’s joints from head to toe to ensure everything is moving properly and without restrictions.
- Eye-tracking & reflexes in babies: The chiropractor will pick up your baby to check their eye movements, to see how they respond to their surroundings. While rotating them, we’ll also see how they respond to reflexes on the feet and cheek.
- Head check: We also check the back of a baby’s head to make sure there’s no flattening of the skull.
- Gait: If your little one is walking, we check their gait to ensure it’s as symmetrical as possible
To learn more about the benefits of pediatric chiropractic for your child, contact BeachView Chiropractic to make an appointment.