Chiropractor Care Near Bethany Beach, DE
What Chiropractors Do Near Bethany Beach, DE
Chiropractors examine the patient, obtain a detailed health history, perform an examination, do tests, and develop a working diagnosis. They then develop a management plan, start treatment, and monitor the patient’s progress. Chiropractors often treat problems related to the musculoskeletal system.
The manual treatment methods used by chiropractors range from stretching and sustained pressure to specific joint manipulations, which are usually delivered by hand and involve a quick and gentle thrust. Chiropractors also use a gentle treatment method, using the activator technique. The activator allows chiropractors to provide a quick, low-force impulse at specific points. The purpose of the manipulations is to improve joint motion and function. Manipulations are most commonly done on the spine, but other parts of the body may also be treated in this way.
Education and Licensure of Practitioners
- To practice in the United States, chiropractors must earn a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree, pass the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners exam, and have a state license. Many states also require chiropractors to pass an exam about state-specific laws, and all states require practicing chiropractors to take continuing education classes.
- To enroll in a D.C. program in the United States, which typically takes 4 years to complete, students must have had at least 3 years of undergraduate education.
- Institutions that award the D.C. degree are accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education, which is recognized as an accrediting agency by the U.S. Secretary of Education. In 2017, there were 15 accredited D.C. programs on 18 campuses.
- Chiropractic education includes classes in basic sciences, such as anatomy and physiology, and supervised clinical experience in which students learn skills such as spinal assessment, adjustment techniques, and making diagnoses.
- Some chiropractors complete postgraduate education in specialized fields, such as orthopedics or pediatrics.
What is the popping sound I hear during a chiropractic adjustment?
Does a chiropractic adjustment hurt?
What happens after a chiropractic adjustment?
After a chiropractic adjustment, you might feel mild soreness or have very minor aches in areas of your body that your chiropractor worked on. This feeling usually goes away within 24 hours and rarely affects people who see a chiropractor regularly.
After your appointment, your chiropractor might recommend “homework” for you to extend your therapy after an adjustment. These recommendations might include:
- Exercises and stretches.
- Proper ergonomics for improving your posture.
- Icing/heat therapy or topical analgesics.
- Advice on nutrition, diet, weight or general health.
- Ways to manage stress and relax muscles.
- Electrical muscle stimulation using transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators (TENS).
Chiropractor Care Millville, DE
Best Chiropractor Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Bethany Beach is an incorporated town in Sussex County, Delaware, Bethany Beach, South Bethany and Fenwick Island are popularly known as “The Quiet Resorts” Despite its small size, Bethany Beach contains the usual attractions of a summer seaside resort, including the short Boardwalk, a broad, sandy beach, motels, restaurants, and vacation homes.