Back Pain & Relief Dagsboro, DE Don’t let your back pain limit you
If you’re suffering from back pain, you are not alone. Nine out of 10 American adults will experience back pain in their lives, making it the 5th most common cause for visits to the doctor. In fact, it is a leading cause of disability worldwide. Fortunately, you can take measures to prevent or relieve most back pain and surgery is rarely necessary. With the right approach most back pain usually gets better within a few days or weeks.
The types of back pain people have can be quite different, from a persistent dull ache to sudden sharp pain. The cause of pain can be from a sprain, fracture, or other injury, but it can also stem from a disease or medical condition, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, or spinal stenosis (a narrowing of the spinal canal through which the spinal cord runs). Many people develop back pain in part because they’re overweight or their lifestyle is too sedentary.
When you should see a Chiropractor if you have back pain
- Difficulty moving
- Persistent dull or aching sensation in your lower back
- Inability to stand up straight
- A decreased range of motion
- Constant or intense pain, especially when you are lying down or at night
- Pain radiating down one or both of your legs
- Weakness, tingling or numbness in one or both of your legs
- Redness or swelling in the region of your pain
Types of Treatments to get relief from back pain
At BeachView Chiropratic near Dagsboro, we will take the time to get to know your back pain to be sure we have determined its cause so we can recommend a course of treatment specific to you. We will create a personalized treatment plan for you, designed to offer relief as well as a program to help prevent back pain in the future.
Most people respond well to treatment and we help them get back to their regular activities faster.
Here are the most common treatment techniques we use to help you become pain-free.
Your treatment plan may include:
- Regular spinal adjustments to align the spine and prevent twisting
- Activator Technique Adjustment using a spring-loaded instrument to pin-point specifically the adjustment without any uncomfortable twisting or turning of the spine.
- Manual release therapy to relax and treat tight and sore muscles and release tension
- Stretching to relieve pressure on spine bones and improve range of motion
- Hot and cold therapy to relieve pain and inflammation
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation to block the transmission of pain signals being sent toward the spine and brain. The stimulation also works to boost the body’s production of endorphins which are natural pain relievers.
- Traction Therapy will be used to gently pull apart the vertebrae where the disc is damaged. This will help the disc to get more nourishment and to begin the healing process.
- Decompression therapy to relieve pressure on disks
- We will be able to provide simple exercises that you can do at home to relieve your pain and to help prevent it from coming back
- We will also be able to provide you with safe lifting techniques, tips for good posture, and other strategies you can incorporate into your day to prevent re-injury.
How Our Chiropractor Help Prevents Your Pain From Coming Back near Dagsboro
We typically incorporate exercise, nutritional counselling, and rehabilitation into your treatment plan. We also advise on easy lifestyle changes that will help reduce your pain symptoms through good ergonomics to avoid distorting the natural shape of the spine and putting undue stress on it. This can enhance the health of your spine and strengthen core muscles.
Possible Consequences of Untreated Back Pain
Many people choose to just “tough it out,” but ignoring back pain doesn’t make it go away, and it can even make it worse.
Untreated back pain prevents you from getting into a comfortable position at night, which prevents you from getting a good night’s sleep. You probably already know that poor-quality sleep is linked to poor overall health and contributes to issues with mood, focus, and physical well-being, so relieving your back pain has to be a priority.
When you have back pain for an extended time, you change the way you move, often putting new strain and pressure on other parts of the back and body. It’s common for pain in one area of the back to lead to new or worsened pain in others, especially in your back.
Back Pain Relief Chiropractor Dagsboro, DE 19939
Dagsboro is a town in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. Dagsboro is in the Indian River School District Roads are the main method of travel to and from Dagsboro, and three state highways serve the town. U.S. Route 113 is the most significant of these, passing along the west edge of town on a north-south alignment.